Powder coating is an environmentally friendly dry paint finish that protects our aluminium screen frames from corroding and rusting. Powder coated aluminium requires no maintenance and gives many years of worry free performance. In the tough UAE environment, powder coating is the preferred choice to protect most metal based products.
How does powder coating work?
The final finish of a powder coated piece of metal looks like a traditional paint finish but is actually a dry paint process. Finely ground particles of paint powder are electrically sprayed onto the surface of the metal to be painted. An electrical charge is run through the metal and the powder heats up and bonds with the metal surface. This results in a durable, smooth and quality finish that not only protects the metal, but looks great too. Powder coating can be done in a wide variety of colours so villa owners can perfectly match any aluminium profile with their existing home colour scheme.
Advantages of powder coating
There are many advantages to powder coating which is used on our aluminium fly screen and security screen frames here in Dubai. These include the following:
- Powder coating results in a much thicker and denser protective painted finish than traditional painting providing a longer life.
- It is more durable than traditional wet coated paint as the bonding is stronger.
- Environmentally friendly as the powder does not contain any solvents like traditional wet paints.
- Cost effective as it is more efficient to manufacture and apply.
- Maintenance free as no special cleaning of the metal surface is required. With aluminium powder coating finishes it can simply be wiped down as required to keep it clean and looking great.
- Available in a large variety of colours. In the UAE the Jotun range of colours are the most commonly used powder and match most villas in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and across the UAE.
Disadvantages of powder coating
- Can be difficult to touch up if damaged. Due to the high quality and thickness of the powder paint, a painted repair can be tricky to perform.
- Can be difficult to achieve a thin coat.
- Takes time as the application must be complete within a dedicated powder coating facility.
Why use aluminium frames
In conclusion, powder coating of aluminium is considered the best all round method of protecting our insect screen frames. They remain looking great even when exposed to harsh UV rays for decades and require very little maintenance. Easy to clean and durable there is no better solution to your security screens or fly screens in the UAE.